Pumpkin Spice Cake
- 1 cup Brown or Coconut Sugar
- 2 cups Gluten-Free Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
- ½ tsp Xanthan Gum (ONLY NEEDED IF YOUR GF FLOUR DOES NOT HAVE IT ALREADY!!)
- 1 ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Ground Nutmeg
- ¾ tsp Ground Ginger
- ½ tsp All Spice
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Applesauce
- ¾ cup Melted Coconut Oil
- ¾ cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Vanilla Yogurt
- ¾ cup Pumpkin Purée
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- ¾ cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Cream Cheese
- ¼ cup Vegan Butter
- 2 ½ cups Organic Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Set your oven to 375°F and line a loaf baking pan with parchment paper + a bit extra on the sides to pull out your cake from the pan.
- In a large bowl combine all of your ingredients for the DRY MIX.
- In a medium bowl combine all of the ingredients for the WET MIX.
- Stir the WET MIX into the DRY MIX and combine to create the Cake Batter.
- Pour the batter into your parchment-paper-lined pan and fatten it so that the top is even. (Leave 1-½ inch space on top so it doesn’t bubble over the edges!)
- Bake the cake for 30-38 minutes.
- Make the CREAM CHEESE FROSTING by whisking room temperature vegan butter until smooth.
- Add in the Follow Your Heart Cream Cheese and whisk.
- Slowly add in the Powdered Sugar and Vanilla Extract as you whisk at the same time. Add in a dash of Cinnamon, whisk together, and cool the frosting in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Once the cake is baked, remove it from the oven and let it cool for 15-20 minutes.
- Lather on the CREAM CHEESE FROSTING on top and all over if you want too.
- Top the cake with Crushed Pumpkin Seeds, Pecans, and Chopped Dried Persimmons.
- Sing your song. Do your dance. Speak your truth and dig into dessert!