Quiche Lorraine Pockets
by Spork Foods
- 4 level tbsp Follow Your Heart VeganEgg
- 1 cup ice-cold water
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp finely ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- ¼ cup white onion, finely chopped
- 1 package vegan bacon, diced
- 3 slices Follow Your Heart Smoked Gouda or Provolone Cheese, diced
- 1 package vegan puff pastry, thawed slightly
- 2 tsp maple syrup, for brushing
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a mixing bowl, measure VeganEgg™ powder. Add ice cold water, sea salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Whisk until smooth and uniform. Set aside.
- In a small sauté pan, add vegan butter. Add onion and cook about 5 minutes to soften. Add bacon and cook 2 more minutes. Add VeganEgg mixture and cook about 5 minutes, until solid. Remove from heat and fold in cheese.
- Cut each sheet puff pastry into 6 squares or circles using a biscuit cutter. Set aside.
- Top 6 rounds with VeganEgg mixture, leaving a ¼ inch border to seal. Wet edges with water and seal with remaining 6 puff pastry rounds or squares, pressing edges to seal. Brush tops with maple syrup.
- Bake until puff pastry is golden, 22-26 minutes.