- 16oz super firm tofu
- ¾ cup / 6oz / 170g Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Yogurt Plain
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 tbsp oil
- 15 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 ½ tbsp sumac
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- ¼ tsp liquid smoke
- Cube the tofu. Mix the marinade ingredients together.
- Add the cubed tofu to the marinade. Mix to coat. Let marinade overnight
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat the griddle pan on medium heat. Brush with oil. Pan fry the tofu in batches, until they’re golden, flipping over after a few minutes to ensure even cooking on all sides. About 3-4 minutes per side.
- Once the tofu pieces are golden brown, transfer to baking sheet. Bake in oven for roughly 10 min. Serve as desired, suggested in a warm pita or flatbread with fresh veggies.