Smoked Gouda Crostini
by Eva Agha
Smoked Gouda Spread
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomato, oil-packed
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 7oz Follow Your Heart Smoked Gouda Style Cheese, torn or chopped into pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp plain unsweetened plant milk
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1 baguette, sliced
- olive oil
- chives, for garnish
- red pepper flakes, for garnish
- marinated asparagus (below) and/or sliced apple
- In a food processor pulse the sun-dried tomatoes to chop them. Add the almonds, smoked gouda, olive oil, non-dairy milk, garlic powder, and salt. Process until the mixture is thick and smooth. If needed, add another tablespoon or two of milk.
- Turn your oven to broil. Brush the slices of baguette with olive oil, then spread on some smoked gouda sun-dried tomato spread. Broil the bread, keeping a close eye on it, until the bread is slightly toasted.
- Top the crostini with marinated asparagus or thinly sliced apple, garnish with chives and red pepper flakes. Serve immediately.
- 1 lb asparagus, ends trimmed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp minced red onion
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add the asparagus and let cook for 1 minute. Immediately drain the asparagus and plunge it into an ice water bath to stop the cooking, and once cooled down, drain and put the asparagus in a sealable bag or dish.
- In a small bowl whisk together the rest of the ingredients, and pour the dressing over the asparagus. Toss to coat and then seal. Place in the fridge to marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight.