Spiced Banana Bread w/ Hazelnuts
by Spork Foods
- ½ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 ¼ cups organic unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ cup evaporated cane sugar
- 3/4 cup ice cold un-sweetened almond milk
- 2 level tablespoons VeganEgg
- 1/3 cup neutral tasting oil (safflower)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 tablespoons toasted hazelnut pieces, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flours, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, sea salt and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk ice cold almond milk with VeganEgg until slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Add to dry ingredients with oil, vanilla, and apple cider vinegar. Whisk until uniform.
- Fold in mashed banana and mix until uniform. Mixture will be thicker than traditional cake batter.
- Grease loaf pan (9 x 5) with cooking spray and add in batter. Top with a sprinkling of hazelnuts.
- Bake for 1 hour 5 minutes to 1 hour ten minutes or until toothpick comes out clean in center. Cool on cooling rack before slicing.