Spiced “Chick’n” Yogurt Curry
by Spork Foods
- 1 can (15 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp cardamom
- 1/8 – ¼ tsp cayenne powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 container Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Plain Yogurt
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 white onion, sliced into thin strips
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 package vegan chicken strips
- 1 Yukon gold potato, small dice
- 1 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped for garnish
- 3 cups cooked jasmine rice *Optional
- To a mixing bowl add tomatoes, ginger, cumin, coriander, cardamom, cayenne, sea salt, and lemon juice. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- To sauté pan, add oil. Add onion, garlic, and bell pepper and cook about 3 minutes to soften. Add chicken and potatoes. Cook about 5-7 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomato curry mixture and cook about 7-10 more minutes, until mixture is thickened. Remove from heat. Add Follow Your Heart Yogurt and stir until uniform.
- Serve warm curry over rice if desired. Garnish with cilantro when serving.