Spinach & Artichoke Pasta Bake
by Plvnt Food
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 2 packages Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Cream Cheese
- 1 1/3 cups regular unsweetened almond milk
- 1 ½ tbsp garlic powder
- 1 ½ tbsp onion powder
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 1-2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/3 cup beer
- 1 jar artichokes hearts (12 oz size), drained and roughly chopped
- 1 bag baby spinach
- ½ cup Follow Your Heart Vegan Parmesan Grated + more for topping
- 1 cup Follow Your Heart Vegan Mozzarella Shreds + more for topping
- fresh basil coarsely chopped as needed for garnish
- Turn your oven onto 400°F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt it generously. Cook the penne for about 8 minutes, just until tender.
- While the pasta cooks combine the milk, beer, cream cheese, garlic powder, crushed red pepper, onion powder, parmesan, mozzarella, salt, and pepper in another large skillet with deep sides. Heat it up over medium-high heat and stir it all together until it melts into a creamy sauce. Add in the artichokes and spinach, let it all gently simmer together for another couple of minutes.
- The pasta should be done by this point. Drain and add it to the sauce. Stir together thoroughly, then take the skillet off of the heat.
- Top with mozzarella shreds, add more parmesan and bake for 20 minutes. Then switch the oven to broil & broil until golden brown. Top with fresh basil after.