Sriracha Lime Jackfruit Tacos
by Spork Foods
- 2 cans (400 g) young jackfruit, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp neutral tasting oil (Safflower)
- ½ brown onion (115 g), finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp vegan Worcestershire sauce (Wizard’s brand)
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 177.5 ml natural cola (1/2 can)
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp lime juice, plus zest of ½ lime
- 3 tbsp Follow Your Heart Sriracha Vegenaise
- 4 tbsp Follow Your Heart Original Vegenaise
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 8-10 organic corn tortillas
- 1 avocado, diced
- ¼ cup coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, cut into eighths (optional)
- Break apart jackfruit with hands, until it resembles a pulled pork texture. Set aside.
- Pre-heat a pan over medium heat and oil. Add onion and garlic. Cook about 3 minutes. Add jackfruit, sea salt, chili powder, cayenne, oregano, cumin, Worcestershire, brown sugar, cola, and lime juice. Stir well to incorporate.
- Cook for 10 minutes covered over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally and an additional 7-10 minutes uncovered, or until liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile combine lime juice and zest, Sriracha Vegenaise, Original Vegenaise, and sea salt until uniform. Set aside.
- Heat tortillas on a warm skillet with no oil, until pliable. Fill with jackfruit mixture, and top with avocado, coriander, sriracha lime crema and garnish with lime wedge if desired.