Sriracha Mushroom Poppers
- 12 oz. cremini mushrooms, stemmed and cleaned (24-28)
- ½ vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup organic unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2-4 tablespoons neutral tasting high-heat oil
Sriracha Sauce Ingredients
- ½ cup Sriracha Vegenaise
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons coconut nectar or agave
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, plus zest of lime
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green jalapeño pepper, cut into thin rounds
- 2 stalks green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds *Optional for garnish
- Place whole mushrooms in a shallow bowl with broth, lime juice, and sea salt. Set aside to marinate, about 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, add flour, garlic powder, cayenne, and sea salt. Coat mushrooms in seasoned flour mixture.
- Heat a sauté pan and add oil. Add mushrooms and cook until crisp, about 2 minutes per side over medium-high heat. Remove from pan and coat in bread crumbs when warm.
For sauce: To a mixing bowl add Sriracha Vegenaise, sesame oil, coconut nectar or agave, lime juice, and zest. Whisk until smooth. Serve alongside mushrooms as a dip. Garnish with jalapeño, green onion, and sesame seeds if using. Serve warm.Print