Sriracha Sweet Potato Cornbread
by Jessica Hallstrom
- 2 cup medium grind cornmeal
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup mashed sweet potatoes (canned or homemade)
- ¾ cup non-dairy milk
- ½ cup Sriracha Vegenaise
- Preheat oven to 375 °F and spray a cast-iron skillet (at least 10” wide) with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together cornmeal, gluten-free flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, mix together the mashed sweet potatoes, non-dairy milk, and Sriracha Vegenaise until well-combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir just until all dry ingredients are incorporated. Pour the batter into the prepared cast-iron skillet and use a spatula to flatten and smooth.
- Bake until golden brown (about 35 minutes) or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in skillet at least 15 minutes before serving.