Sweet Noodle Kugel
by Spork Foods
- 1 package (16 oz) organic ribbon noodles or fusilli
- 1/3 cup vegan butter
- 1 package extra firm tofu, pressed
- 1 container (8 oz) Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Cream Cheese
- ¼ cup Follow Your Heart VeganEgg, plus 1 ½ cups ice cold un-sweetened almond milk
- 2/3 cup evaporated cane sugar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup gold flame raisins *Optional
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook noodles according to package. Drain and combine with butter in a 9 x 12 baking dish, while noodles are warm.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk VeganEgg with ice-cold almond milk until slightly thickened, about 30 seconds. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, crumble tofu until uniform. Add cream cheese, prepared VeganEgg, sugar, sea salt, maple syrup, nutmeg and cinnamon. Whisk until uniform. Pour over noodles and then fold mixture with noodles until well coated. Fold in raisins, if using.
- In a separate bowl combine brown sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Spread noodle mixture evenly in baking dish. Sprinkle with brown sugar-cinnamon topping. Bake for
- about 50 minutes -1 hour, or until top is golden brown.