Sweet Potato Cupcakes w/ Cream Cheese Frosting
by Helen Au
Sweet Potato Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 package Cece Veggie Co’s Organic Sweet Potato Spirals
- 1 ½ cup gluten-free flour (can also sub for regular all-purpose flour)
- ¾ cup dairy-free milk
- ½ cup organic coconut sugar
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 container of Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Cream Cheese
- 3 ½ cup powdered sugar
- ¾ cup vegan butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners or lightly spray with oil.
- Place sweet potato spirals in a large bowl. Place in steamer and steam for 10-15 minutes until completely softened.
- Add the softened spirals into a blender or food processor and blend until a puree forms. Let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, and salt together. Slowly add in milk and sweet potato puree. Mix until combined being careful not to overmix.
- Scoop onto cupcake pan about 3/4th of the way full. Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- While the cupcakes are baking, add all the ingredients for the frosting into a large bowl. Whip with a mixer until well combined and creamy. Add frosting into a piping bag
- When the cupcakes are ready, remove from oven and let cool completely. Once cooled, slowly pipe cream cheese onto cupcakes.
- Enjoy right away or place in fridge until ready to be eaten.