Tofu Dino Nuggets
by Plvnt Food
- 3-4 blocks extra firm tofu
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 cup + ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups unsweetened plant milk
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying (if you decide to deep fry)
- 1 cup Follow Your Heart High Omega Vegan Ranch dressing
- ½ cup barbecue sauce (or to taste)
- Take your tofu and press it well to remove as much moisture as possible. Cut each block in half depth-wise, then use dinosaur cookie cutters to cut out as many nuggets as possible. Place in a single layer on a baking tray and place in the freezer overnight until frozen solid.
- Get out 3 bowls, in #1 add 1 cup flour + salt to taste, in #2 add plant milk + ¼ cup flour + salt to taste, in #3 add breadcrumbs + salt to taste. Mix all bowls well.
- Take your frozen tofu nuggets and dip them in bowl 1, then bowl 2, then bowl 3. Press the breadcrumbs into each nugget. Place them back on the baking sheet in a single layer, then freeze again for at least an hour.
- You can either deep fry these at 375F, or air fry at 375F until golden brown. Season with salt after cooking.
- For the sauce, mix together your follow your heart ranch dressing and barbecue sauce to taste, and serve!