Tofu Philly Cheesesteaks
by Plvnt Food
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp vegetable broth
- Salt / pepper to taste
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 1 medium yellow onion
- ½ tbsp dried oregano
- 1 bag Follow Your Heart Cheddar Shreds
- ½ – 1 cup regular unsweetened almond milk
- 2-4 sandwich / hoagie rolls, toasted
- 2 tbsp Follow Your Heart Vegenaise (per sandwich)
- Cooking oil as needed
- Mix your vegetable broth, soy sauce, vegan Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, salt / pepper to taste in a bowl until well combined.
- Slice your tofu into thin strips, and place into the marinade. Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Heat a skillet over medium–high heat and add in some cooking oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Add in your tofu strips with all the marinade & allow to cook until the tofu is browned.
- Slice your bell pepper and onion into fine strips. Add to another skillet over medium heat with some cooking oil to coat the bottom, season with salt / pepper to taste & dried oregano. Cook until the peppers and onions are soft and slightly charred.
- In a sauce pan, add your cheddar shreds, almond milk, salt & pepper to taste. Whisk until completely smooth, and you want this to be a little thicker, not incredibly thin
- Toast up your hoagie rolls, smear on some vegenaise, then add your tofu, peppers & onions, and cheese sauce.