Turkey and Leek Pot Pie
by Plvnt Food
- ¾ cup chopped leeks (mostly the white parts)
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 bag frozen diced carrots and peas
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp each fresh thyme, rosemary, sage, and parsley
- Salt / black pepper to taste
- 1 cup vegan-friendly white wine
- 2-3 cups plain unsweetened plant milk
- 4 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 4 tbsp vegan butter
- 6 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 sheets puff pastry (thawed)
- 1 bag “chicken strips” tossed with 2 tsp poultry seasoning
- ½ cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Sour Cream
- ¼ cup plain unsweetened plant milk + 2 tbsp agave, mixed
- In a skillet over medium heat, add your oil, leeks, onions, and garlic. Season with salt & pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes until slightly translucent.
- Add in your ‘turkey’ strips, & fresh herbs. Cook until soft then break up the strips into chunks with your spatula.
- Add in your vegan butter and mix until melted, then add in your flour and mix well.
- Add in your wine, increase the heat to high & let cook until almost all the liquid is removed. Then add in your milk & sour cream, stir to combine, and lower the heat until nice and thick. Season with more salt and pepper to taste.
- Roll out your puff pastry and fit it to the size of your skillet. Cover the skillet, add any decorations you want, and cut an X in the center. Brush the top of the puff pastry with your plant milk & agave mixture. Bake according to your puff pastry’s instructions.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.