Vanilla Sheet Cake
- 4 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups plain soy milk
- ¾ cup oil (vegetable oil preferred)
- 6 oz/ 170g Follow Your Heart Plain Yogurt
- 1 ½ tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 sticks vegan butter (1 cup), softened
- 10 cups icing sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 11″ x 15″ rectangular cake pan with parchment paper at the bottom. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Whisk to evenly distribute and set aside.
- Combine the wet ingredients a medium mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix. Do not over-mix, it can cause the cake to become dry.
- Pour the batter in the cake mold, and spread evenly with an offset spatula.
- Bake for 50-53 minutes. (50 minutes usually does the trick.)
- Let it cool completely before placing in the fridge.
- In a very large bowl, using a hand mixer (or in a stand mixer) whip the softened butter, icing sugar, and vanilla extract, but add the powdered sugar in increments. Whip until smooth. Set aside in the fridge.
To assemble the cake:
- Once the cake has completely cooled and has been refrigerated for at least 30-60 mins, the cake is ready to be iced and decorated.
- Using an ice cream scooper or a cookie dough scooper, scoop out the icing over the cake. Carefully spread with a large offset spatula to cover the cake entirely.
- *If you find the icing to be too thick, just whip it with 1 tbsp of soy milk. It will loosen up.*
- Top with fruit or decorations of your choice if desired.