For the tofu:
- 1 block extra firm tofu (12 oz)
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp liquid smoke
- 1/8 cayenne
- 1 jar of marinara sauce (25 oz)
- Follow Your Heart Grated Parmesan
- Set your oven to 425°F degrees.
- Press the tofu block for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the marinade ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- Crumble the Tofu with your hands over the large bowl.
- Mix well to coat tofu.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Spread tofu mixture evenly on the baking sheet with a spatula. Bake for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While it’s in the oven, start boiling water for the pasta.
- Heat up the Marinara sauce on low in a medium pot on the stove.
- When the noodles are cooked, drain and set aside.
- When the tofu mixture is ready, add to the simmering sauce and mix well.
- Serve with spaghetti and top with Follow Your Heart Parmesan.
- Store the sauce in a separate container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days. Freezer friendly.