Vegan Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup soy milk
- ½ cup water
- 2 level tbsp Follow Your Heart VeganEgg Powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated carrots
- ½ cup finely chopped walnuts
Cream Cheese Icing:
- 2 ½ cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup Follow Your Heart Vegan Cream Cheese
- ¼ cup vegan butter, measured then softened
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 12-count muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugars, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the vegetable oil, soy milk, water and vegan egg powder.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix. Add the grated carrots and chopped walnuts. Mix.
- Evenly divide batter into cupcake liners, filling each 2/3-3/4 of the way full. Transfer to oven and bake on 350°F for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with moist crumbs.
- To make icing, mix all ingredients
- with a hand mixer and set aside
- Allow to cool before decorating with frosting.