Vegan Cheddar Biscuits
- 1 ¾ cup plain soy milk
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 cups flour + 2 tbsp (+more as needed)
- 2 tbsp baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup vegan butter
- ½ cup Follow Your Heart Vegan Gourmet Cheddar Shreds (Or more to taste)
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Combine milk and apple cider vinegar. Set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Cut in vegan butter with fork or pastry blender, until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add in the cheese shreds and mix.
- Stir in the milk and mix.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Roll dough out. Sprinkle more flour as needed if it gets too sticky. Roll into a 1/2 inch thick sheet and cut with a floured biscuit or cookie cutter. Press together unused dough and repeat rolling and cutting procedure.
- Place cut out biscuits on baking sheet or in a pyrex dish. Lightly brush with soy milk and bake, about 10-13 minutes.