Roasted Red Pepper Cheese Ball
- 1 8oz tub Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Cream Cheese
- ¾ cup Follow Your Heart Dairy -Free Cheddar Shreds
- 2 tbsp roasted red pepper, pureed or minced
- 2 tbsp minced chives
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 stem of a pepper or decorative gourd
- 1/3 cup vegan cheese cracker crumbs
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix together with a wooden spoon. Transfer the mixture to plastic wrap and use the plastic wrap to shape it into a ball. Place the cheese ball into the fridge for several hours to firm up.
- Put the cracker crumbs onto a large plate and remove the cheese ball from the plastic wrap. Roll in the crumbs and then place the stem of a small gourd or a pepper (such as that of a bell pepper or chili pepper) on top. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve, or enjoy right away. Serve with crackers, tortilla chips, or crudité.
Notes: to make the cracker crumbs, process about ½ cup of vegan cheese crackers in a small food processor to make fine crumbs. Alternatively use a sealable bag and rolling pin to make crumbs. You can substitute tortilla chips or potato chips for the cheesy crackers.Print