Vegan Coleslaw Dogs
by Spork Foods
Coleslaw Topping Ingredients
- ¼ green cabbage, finely shredded
- ¼ purple cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 carrot, shredded
- ½ red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/3 cup Follow Your Heart Organic Coleslaw Dressing, or make your own:
- Original Vegenaise
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons organic evaporated cane sugar
- ½ teaspoon dried ground mustard
- ½ teaspoon celery seeds
- ½ teaspoon sea salt, plus to taste
- ¼ teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
Hot Dog Ingredients
- 8 vegan hotdogs
- 8 organic whole wheat hotdog buns
- 1 jar sliced bread and butter pickle chips *Optional
- ¼ red onion, finely chopped *Optional
- ¼ cup ketchup *Optional
- ¼ cup yellow mustard *Optional
- To assemble coleslaw, place cabbage, carrot, and bell pepper in a large bowl. Set aside.
- If making your own dressing, in a mixing bowl add Vegenaise, vinegar, sugar, mustard, celery seeds, sea salt, pepper, and garlic powder and whisk. Toss with cabbage mixture and set aside until ready to use.
- Grill hotdogs on a barbecue or steam on stove top until warmed through.
- Toast buns on grill or in oven until slightly crisp, about 1-2 minutes.
- When serving add hot dog to buns and add pickles, ketchup, mustard or onion, if desired. Top generously with coleslaw. Serve warm.