Vegan Crab Dip
by Plvnt Food
- • 8 ounces Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Cream Cheese, softened
- • 1 cup Follow Your Heart Vegenaise
- • 3 ½ tbsp Old Bay Seasoning (divided)
- • ½ teaspoon ground mustard
- • 2 tbsp garlic powder (divided)
- • Salt / pepper to taste
- • 1 pound lump brined jackfruit
- • ¼ cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Shreds Cheddar
- • 1-2 tbsp hot sauce (Louisiana style if possible)
- • 1 French baguette
- • ¼ cup vegan butter
- • ¼ cup Follow Your Heart Parmesan Grated
- • ¼ cup fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix softened cream cheese with Vegenaise, 1 ½ tbsp old bay, ground mustard, 1 tbsp garlic powder, salt/pepper, and hot sauce together until combined.
- Shred your jackfruit & fold into the cream cheese & Vegenaise mix.
- Spread into a baking dish & top with shredded cheddar cheese & a little more old bay if desired.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until bubbly & slightly golden brown.
- While the dip is baking, slice your baguette into ¼ – ½ inch slices on a diagonal. Spread with vegan butter, and sprinkle over with grated parmesan and the remaining 2 tbsp of old bay & 1 tbsp garlic powder. Place into the oven with the dip for the last 10-15 minutes until crisp.
- Remove the dip & crostini from the oven, allow the dip to cool & top with fresh chopped parsley and serve!