Vegan Easter Quiche
by Silvia Nagy-Ryan
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup vegan butter
- 2 tbsp oil
- ¼ cup non-dairy milk (or more if needed)
- 3 cups kale, chopped
- 3 tbsp shallots, chopped
- 6 level tbsp Follow Your Heart VeganEgg Powder
- 1 ½ cups ice cold water
- ½ cup ice cold non-dairy milk
- ¾ cup Follow Your Heart Mozzarella Shreds (or your preferred FYH Vegan Cheese)
- ½ tsp of salt, pepper, and cayenne (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and combine until everything is mixed together. Form into a ball and roll out on a floured surface. If needed, use a towel to flip the dough into a pie dish. If you end up having some holes don’t worry, just move some of the dough around.
- Press down into the pie dish, pierce crust with a fork. Bake for 10 minutes while making the filling.
- Saute shallots for 5 minutes or until golden.
- Add kale and cook for another 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Make eggs by mixing powder, water, and milk until you have a smooth mixture. Add in cheese.
- Remove pie dish from oven, add shallot/ kale mix then pour egg/ cheese mix on top.
- Lower heat to 325°F. Bake for 55 minutes.