Vegan PB Choco Chip Cheesecake
3 cups finely ground chocolate animal cookies
3 ½ tbsp brown sugar
½ tsp cinnamon
½ cup melted coconut oil
2- 8 oz tubs Follow Your Heart Vegan Cream Cheese
1 cup creamy peanut butter – unsalted
¼ tsp salt
1 cup brown sugar
½ tbsp white cane sugar
½ tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp corn starch
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp coconut oil
½ tsp maple syrup
⅛ cup vegan chocolate chips
⅛ cup broken chocolate animal cookies
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F
2. In large bowl, mix the ground animal crackers, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Slowly incorporate the coconut oil while mixing the dry ingredients.
3. Spray or lightly oil a 9” Springform pan.
4. Set aside 1/3 cup of the crust mix.
5. Pour remaining crust mix into the pan and press the mixture to the bottom and along the sides of the pan.
6. Place the pan in the oven and bake at 350F for 8-10 minutes.
7. Remove the pan from the oven and let sit for 30 minutes.
8. Using an electric mixer, blend cream cheese, peanut butter, brown and white sugars, salt, and cinnamon.
9. Add vanilla extract, cornstarch, and coconut oil to the bowl and continue mixing. Set aside 1/3 cup of the cheesecake batter.
10. Gently fold in the chocolate chips and broken animal cookies to remaining batter.
11. In a separate bowl, combine 1/3 cup crust mix and 1/3 cup batter. Pour this mixture on top of the crust and spread evenly.
12. Pour remainder of the batter on top. Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly.
13. Fill an empty pie pan with water and place on the bottom rack of the oven. Place the cheesecake pan on the top rack and bake at 275˚F for 40-50 minutes.
14. Remove from oven and let cool. Once cooled, place in refrigerator overnight.