Vegan Pizza Sticks with French Onion Dip
by Spork Foods
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon organic sugar, plus 1 tablespoon organic sugar
- 1 ¼ cups warm water
- 2 cups organic un-bleached all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour (plus ½ cup more for kneading)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, plus ½ teaspoon for topping
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus 2 teaspoons for coating
- 1 small jar organic pizza sauce
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup Follow Your Heart® Parmesan Shreds
- French Onion Dip
- 1 container Follow Your Heart® Vegan Sour Cream (8 oz)
- 1/3 cup Vegenaise®
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons brown rice syrup
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
For Pizza Dough:
- In a small bowl, add ½ cup warm water, yeast and teaspoon sugar. Whisk gently and let sit for about 7-10 minutes or until yeast blossoms.
- In a mixing bowl or bowl of an electric mixer, add flours, tablespoon sugar, salt, pepper, and basil. Whisk to combine. Add flour as needed. Add dissolved yeast mixture and olive oil to flour mixture. Knead about 4-6 minutes, or until dough is smooth and very elastic. In electric mixer, use dough hook.
- Transfer to a large bowl and coat in oil. Cover with plastic wrap and let dough double in size, for about 1 hour.
- Pre-heat oven to 425°. If using pizza stone, place in oven.
- Divide dough into quarters. Roll each piece into a large rectangle, about ¼-inch thick. Top with sauce, remaining dried basil, oregano and cheese and slice into strips. Roll each strip into a pinwheel shape. Repeat for all dough. Bake on stone, or baking sheet for about 15-18 minutes, or until dried and crisp. Remove and cool slightly.
For French Onion Dip:
- Add sour cream, Vegenaise, onion, lemon, brown rice syrup, sea salt, pepper, garlic powder, and chives in a bowl and whisk until uniform. Serve with pizza sticks for dipping.