Vegan Pumpkin Pie
by Spork Foods
- 1 9-inch pre-made pie crust, thawed
- 1 can organic pumpkin (15 oz)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- ½ cup organic evaporated cane sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground Ceylon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons neutral tasting oil (Canola or Safflower)
- ¼ cup Follow Your Heart VeganEgg, plus 1 cup ice-cold water
- 3 tablespoons un-bleached all-purpose flour
- Pre-heat oven to 375°.
- Poke thawed crust with a fork and bake empty for about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a large bowl or standing mixer, whisk together pumpkin, maple syrup, molasses, sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, allspice, ginger, sea salt and oil. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk VeganEgg with water until uniform and slightly thick, about 1 minute. Add flour and whisk until uniform. Add VeganEgg and flour mixture to bowl with pumpkin and whisk filling mixture until uniform.
- Pour filling into crust and bake for about 35 minutes, or until filling is firm. Let cool completely before serving. Pie may be made up to 1 day in advance.