Vegan Rajas con Crema
- 6 poblano peppers
- 1 tbsp vegan margarine or vegetable oil
- ½ medium white onion, sliced lengthwise
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp Mexican oregano
- ½ cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Sour Cream
- ½ cup almond milk (or non-dairy milk of your choice)
- ½ cup Follow Your Heart Vegan Mozzarella Shreds
- salt and pepper to taste
- Working in batches, char poblanos over direct flame until blackened all the way around, about 3 minutes each side. Place charred poblanos in a bowl, cover with a dish and allow to steam for a few minutes, until cool enough to handle.
- Remove charred skin from poblanos, slice to open. Remove veins and seeds and cut into 1/2-inch to 1-inch strips. Set aside.
- Preheat margarine in a large pan over medium heat. Add in onions and cook until translucent, 3-5 minutes. Add poblano strips and cook another additional two minutes. Add Dairy-Free Sour Cream and almond milk, stir to combine. Add salt and oregano and cook, stirring frequently, until slightly reduced, about 5 minutes.
- Serve with warm tortillas, rice, beans, and whatever else you like!