Vegan Sausage & Rotel Queso
by Plvnt Food
- 2 packages of Medium Cheddar Follow Your Heart Slices
- 2 packages of American Follow Your Heart Slices
- 1 ½ cans hot rotel tomatoes & chiles (can use mild if you want)
- 1 can diced green chiles
- 1/3 cup diced pickled jalapenos
- 3 tbsp pickled jalapeno brine
- 4 links of hot Italian beyond sausage (casing removed)
- Oil for cooking
- 1-2 cups regular unsweetened almond milk
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro for garnish
- Tortilla Chips & Fuego Takis for dipping
- In a pot, cube up your cheese slices and add those in with your rotel, green chiles, jalapenos, jalapeno brine, salt to taste, and almond milk. Add a less almond milk at first, and add more as needed (start with about ¾ cup) as it melts.
- In a skillet, add some oil and crumble in your sausage & cook for 5-7 minutes over medium heat until browned. Then add into the queso.
- Melt the queso over medium heat, stirring frequently & add more almond milk as needed- but remember, this should be thick!
- Once the queso is melted and ready, add to a serving bowl, top with some fresh cilantro, and serve with tortilla chips and takis for dipping.