Vegan Welsh Rarebit
Recipe Courtesy of: Oscar
- 3 tbsp vegan margarine
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 ground pepper
- 1/2 cup dark beer (porter or stout)
- 3/4 cup non-dairy creamer
- 1 1/2 cups Vegan Gourmet Cheddar Shreds
- hot sauce, to taste
- 4 slices toasted rye bread
- 2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped (optional)
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Add all-purpose flour and whisk to combine. Cook over low heat for about 2 minutes.
- Add in dijon, Worcestershire, salt, and pepper, whisk to combine.
- Add beer, whisk to combine and continue whisking until no clumps remain.
- Add non-dairy creamer, whisk to combine. Continue cooking, whisking constantly, until fully incorporated and smooth.
- Add in Cheddar Shreds, whisking constantly. Turn heat up to medium-low, keep whisking until fully melted and sauce has thickened. Cook, while whisking, for 6-7 minutes.
- Toast bread slices and chop flatleaf parsley
- Add in hot sauce, taste and adjust.
- Pour cheese mixture evenly over each piece of toast. Sprinkle with parsley, if using, and serve warm!