Scrambled VeganEgg Pull-Apart Bread
by Spork Foods
- ½ cup VeganEgg powder
- 2 cups ice-cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon, plus 1 tablespoon fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon neutral tasting oil (Safflower or grapeseed)
- ½ cup vegan sausage, roughly chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, finely diced
- ½ green bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 package biscuit dough (Immaculate Baking Company)
- 3 slices Follow Your Heart® Provolone, halved
- 1 tablespoon Follow Your Heart® Parmesan Shreds *Optional
- To a mixing bowl, add VeganEgg powder, ice-cold water, sea salt, and black pepper. Whisk until uniform and slightly thickened, about 1 minute.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and add vegan butter. Pour VeganEgg mixture into pan. Using a spatula, gently agitate and break apart mixture occasionally while cooking for about 7 minutes, or until scrambled, but appears solid and slightly golden. Fold in 1 tablespoon chives. Set aside.
- Heat a separate non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add oil, sausage and peppers. Cook until sausage is golden, 5-7 minutes. Set aside.
- Separate biscuits and slice each biscuit in half horizontally. Stuff scrambled VeganEgg, one half piece Provolone, and about 1 tablespoon sausage and pepper mixture into the center of each biscuit. Place snugly in greased bundt pan. Top with remaining tablespoon chives and parmesan, if using. Bake about 30 minutes, or until biscuits are golden.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes and then invert onto a plate and then slide onto a cooling rack. Serve warm.