VeganEgg Vanilla Bean Custard
by Spork Foods
- ½ cup raw cashews, plus 1 ½ cups un-sweetened almond milk
- 4 level tbsp Follow Your Heart® VeganEgg powder
- 1 cup ice-cold un-sweetened almond milk
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- ½ cup organic evaporated cane sugar
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In high-powered blender or food processor, combine cashews and 1 ½ cups almond milk. Blend until smooth. Don’t clean blender or food processor. Add cashew mixture to a 4-quart pot.
- In a bowl, whisk VeganEgg powder and cup ice-cold almond milk until slightly thickened, about 1 minute. See aside.
- Add split vanilla bean, evaporated cane sugar, sea salt, and cinnamon to pot with cashew cream and simmer for about 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add VeganEgg mixture to pot and cook, whisking constantly for 3 minutes. Remove from heat, discard vanilla bean pods, and whisk in vanilla extract.
- Place cooked mixture in same blender or food processor. Blend until smooth and aerated. Divide evenly among 4 ramekins or cocottes. Let cool for about 15-20 minutes.
- Place in refrigerator and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
- When serving, run a small knife along edge of each ramekin or cocotte, then invert onto small serving plates.