Warm Caprese Dip with Lavash Chips
by Spork Foods
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 10 leaves fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice, plus zest of ½ lemon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp finely ground black pepper
- 2 sheets lavash
- 2 tablespoons safflower oil for brushing
- Dash salt, black pepper, and dried basil
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F.
- In a mixing bowl, add diced tomatoes, garlic, basil, olive oil, lemon juice and zest, sea salt, and pepper. Gently fold together. Set aside for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice lavash into triangles and place on a walled baking sheet. Brush with oil and sprinkle with sea salt, pepper, and basil. Bake for about 8 – 9 minutes or until crisp.
- To a pot, add cream cheese and mozzarella. Cook to melt for about 2 minutes and fold in tomato basil mixture. Cook 1 more minute, stirring constantly.
- Place under broiler, on high for 2-3 minutes, or until golden on top. Serve warm with lavash chips on side.