Whipped Feta Tomato Tart
by Spork Foods
- 1 sheet Aussie Brand vegan puff pastry
- 3 organic red tomatoes, cut into rounds
- 1 pint heirloom cherry tomatoes (red, green, and yellow), halved
- 1 container (6 oz) Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Feta Crumbles
- 1 container ( 5.3 oz) Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Plain Yogurt
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice, plus zest of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp agave or coconut nectar
- ¼ tbsp sea salt, plus for garnish
- 1/8 tbsp finely ground black pepper, plus for garnish
- ¼ tbsp dried thyme
- ¼ tbsp dried oregano
- 10-12 leaves fresh basil, finely chopped, plus for garnish
- 1/3 cup neutral-tasting oil
- Thaw puff pastry before using according to package.
- Pre-heat oven to 400°.
- Slightly roll puff pastry sheet of fit 9-inch fluted tart pan. Grease pan. Gently place puff pastry in pan and add parchment and baking weights or beans over parchment paper, to blind bake crust. Place on baking sheet and bake for about 16-18 minutes, or until golden. Remove from heat and remove baking weights.
- For whipped Feta, to a food processor, add Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Feta Crumbles, Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Plain Yogurt, lemon juice and zest, garlic, agave or coconut nectar, salt, pepper, thyme, and oregano. Blend until smooth. Set aside to develop flavors.
- To a blender add basil and neutral oil. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Top cooled crust with whipped feta mixture. Top with a ring of large sliced tomatoes, followed by cherry tomatoes, and sprinkle with coarse sea salt, pepper, and basil leaves. Drizzle with basil oil. Serve immediately.