White Wine Cheese Fondue with Vegetables and Crostini
Recipe Courtesy of: Spork Foods
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 large clove garlic
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter
- 2 tablespoons organic un-bleached all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon finely ground white pepper
- Dash freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon Cognac
- 1 package Follow Your Heart Pizzeria Blend Shreds (8 oz)
- 1 organic French Baguette, sliced
- 1 apple, thinly sliced for dipping, or other seasonal fruit
- ½ head broccoli florets, lightly blanched, or other seasonal vegetables
- 6-8 small colorful peppers or cherry tomatoes
- In a high-powered blender, blend cashews, water , wine and garlic to create a cashew cream. Set aside.
- Heat pot over a medium flame and add buttery spread and flour to make a roux(paste). Once your roux has formed, add cashew cream, lemon juice, sea salt, pepper, cognac, and nutmeg and cook for about 5-7 minutes over medium heat, or until thick, whisking frequently.
- Add Follow Your Heart Pizzeria Blend Shreds and cook for an additional 2 minutes, or until creamy and smooth.
- Place fondue mixture in a large fondue pot and keep warm with tea light candles or sterno.
- Serve with desired combination of seasonal fruit and vegetables and a toasted baguette for dipping.