Zucchini Feta Fritters with Dill Yogurt Sauce
by Plvnt Food
Zucchini Feta Fritters
- 2 medium zucchinis, trimmed, grated
- ¼ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 2 flax eggs (1tbsp ground flax + 3tbsp water per “egg”)
- 1 cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Feta Crumbles
- ¾ cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ – ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- Grapeseed oil for cooking
FOR THE YOGURT SAUCE:
- 2 containers Follow Your Heart Plain Yogurt
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 tsp paprika
- ¼ cup fresh dill
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt & black pepper to taste
For the Zucchini Fritters
- Grate your zucchini and ring it out well in a kitchen towel until all of the liquid is removed. Add it to a mixing bowl with the rest of your ingredients and mix until everything is very well combined.
- Heat up about ¼ inch of grapeseed oil in a deep skillet over medium-high heat.
- Using a ¼ cup measuring cup (sprayed with cooking spray) measure out your fritters & firmly press them into a round disc, about ¼ – ½ inch thick.
- Place in the oil and cook for about 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown. Flip carefully.
- Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate when finished to drain excess oil.
For the Yogurt Sauce:
- Mix all of the ingredients together until well combined.
- Taste & adjust seasonings.
- Serve with your fritters, extra feta cheese, and lemon wedges.
- You may need to add more breadcrumbs/flour if the mixture is too wet. You want the mixture to be dry and stable enough to form a patty without falling apart. You also may have to add more flax egg, it all depends how much liquid you get out of your zucchini.