Cheesy Chipotle Potato Flautas
- 1.5 lbs russet potatoes, rinsed and scrubbed
- 1/4 cup Chipotle Vegenaise Gourmet
- 1/2 cup Vegan Fiesta Blend Shreds
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp fresh ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp high heat oil (i.e. safflower)
- 6 Gluten-Free Tortillas – Classic, thawed
- Vegan Sour Cream, for serving (optional)
- Salsa, for serving
- Guacamole, for serving
- In a large, heavy pot, bring heavily salted water to boil. Add potatoes and boil until fork tender, 20-30 minutes. Remove pot from heat, drain potatoes and allow to cool.
- Peel potatoes and return to pot. Bring heat up to medium-high, add in Chipotle Vegenaise, cumin, paprika, chili powder, salt and pepper. Using a fork or potato masher, mash and mix potatoes with Vegenaise. Add in Vegan Gourmet Shreds, mix well, and cook for 15-20 minutes, until cheese has melted.
- Using a lightly dampened paper towel, heat tortillas in batches of 3 for 10 seconds per tortilla. Spread an even amount of potato mixture on one end of each tortilla and roll. Pierce with a toothpick to keep closed.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy pan. Fry flautas in batches of 3, 2 minutes per side. Drain on plate covered in paper towels.
- To serve, slice each flauta on a bias, top with sour cream, if using, and serve with salsa, and guacamole.