Chocolate Cream Cheese Matzo Haystacks
Recipe Courtesy of: Spork Foods
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- ½ cup, plus 2 tablespoons organic matzo farfel
- 1 teaspoon finely ground coffee *Optional
- 2 tablespoons evaporated cane sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup Follow Your Heart Cream Cheese
- Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler, or heat-proof bowl over a small pot filled with about an inch of water.
- When chocolate is melted, stir in walnuts, matzoh farfel, coffee, if using, sugar, cinnamon and sea salt. Remove from heat and gently stir Follow Your Heart Cream Cheese into mixture.
- To form the haystacks, place wax paper over a baking sheet. Scoop about a heaping tablespoon mixture on to wax paper, in a small mound. Repeat for remaining mixture.
- Place in refrigerator to firm up, about 30 minutes to 1 hour.