Creamy Fettuccine Carbonara
Recipe Courtesy of: Spork Foods
- 16 oz. package fettuccine
- 1 cup organic frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
Carbonara Sauce Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon Follow Your Heart VeganEgg powder
- ½ cup, plus ½ cup ice-cold soymilk creamer
- ¼ teaspoon lemon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt, plus to taste
- 1 tablespoon, plus 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- ¾ cups Follow Your Heart Shredded Parmesan, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon vegan butter
- 1 package (5 oz) vegan bacon strips, diced
For pasta: Bring 2 quarts of salted water to a boil, add pasta and cook as directed on package, setting kitchen timer for 2 minutes less that recommended time. Add frozen peas and cook for 2 more minutes. Strain and set aside.
For carbonara sauce: Whisk tablespoon VeganEgg with ½ cup ice-cold creamer, until slightly thickened. Add lemon pepper and salt and whisk. Heat a small pot over medium-low heat and add vegan butter. Add VeganEgg mixture and cook, whisking constantly for 5 minutes. Add shredded parmesan and whisk. Slowly drizzle in remaining ½ cup creamer, until a smooth consistency is reached and cook, whisking constantly for 2 more minutes. Remove from heat. Fold sauce into warm pasta with additional tablespoon vegan butter.
For bacon: Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add vegan butter and bacon and cook 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally to brown.
Fold bacon into pasta. When serving top with additional shredded parmesan and parsley. Serve warm.