Jalapeño Popper Pizza
Recipe Courtesy of: Spork Foods
Cream Cheese Sauce Ingredients
- 1 container Follow Your Heart Vegan Cream Cheese (8 oz)
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 1 pre-made pizza dough
- ½ cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 6 slices vegan bacon, large dice
- 4-5 fresh jalapeños, seeded and sliced into thin rounds
- 1 ½ cups Follow Your Heart Vegan Mozzarella Shreds
- ½ cup Follow Your Heart Vegan Cheddar Shreds
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, leaves roughly chopped, for garnish *Optional
- Pre-heat oven to 450°F. If using pizza stone, heat with oven.
- For sauce: In a mixing bowl add cream cheese, shallot, vinegar, almond milk, oregano, sea salt, pepper, and whisk. Set aside.
- Roll out dough into a 12-inch round on a clean surface, using breadcrumbs to prevent sticking.
- Top with cream cheese sauce, then evenly distribute sliced jalapeños, and bacon around surface. Generously sprinkle with shredded Follow Your Heart Mozzarella and Cheddar Shreds. Carefully slide onto pizza stone or baking sheet.
- Bake about 22-24 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve warm. Top with parsley when serving, if using.