Parmesan Chickpea Linguine
Recipe Courtesy of: Plant-Based Kindness
- 275g Uncooked Linguine
- 1 tsp oil or vegan butter
- 3/4 cup Chopped Red Onion
- 1 1/2 tbsp Miced Garlic
- 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp crushed peppers
- 1 tin (425g/15oz) Garbanzo Beans, drained rinsed
- 1 1/2 tbsp vegan butter
- *Cooked linguine
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 3/4 cup Follow Your Heart Vegan Parmesan Shreds
- Fresh basil to taste
- Cook linguine al dente according to package instructions. Once cooked, drain, rinse and set aside.
- In a large skillet, add the oil (or vegan butter), followed by the onion. Sauté for 5 minutes or until soft on med-low heat.
- Lower the heat, stir in the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute or so.
- Add in the nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, crushed peppers and garbanzo beans. Stir around and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in the vegan butter, cooked linguine, lemon juice. Stir to combine.
- Add in the parmesan shreds and stir to evenly combine.
- Cook until the cheese and butter have soften up and become creamy.
- Stir in freshly chopped basil and serve.