Roasted Asparagus and Parmesan Frittata
Recipe Courtesy of: Oscar
- 10 thin stalks of asparagus, cut in a diagonal to 2-inch pieces
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp vegan margarine, divided
- 1/4 cup minced shallot (about 1 medium shallot)
- 3 VeganEggs (6 level tbsp VeganEgg powder whisked with 1 1/2 cup ice cold water)
- 1/2 cup Vegan Parmesan Shreds, with extra for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Arrange asparagus on a rimmed baking sheet, toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast in oven for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium-sized skillet, melt 1 tbsp vegan margarine. Add shallot, and cook till translucent, about 5 minutes. Set aside on a towel to drain some of the oil. Wipe out skillet.
- Once oven is ready, whisk together VeganEgg. Add salt and pepper, to taste, mix in 6 pieces of asparagus and shallot.
- Grease inside of skillet with remaining butter (you might not use it all). Pour in VeganEgg mixture. Cook on stovetop over medium-heat for 5-7 minutes. Then set inside oven till top browns, about 10-13 minutes. Remove from oven, top with additional Parmesan Shreds, salt, and pepper. Serve and enjoy!