Smoked Gouda Grits
Recipe Courtesy of: Oscar
- 2 1/2 cups non-dairy milk
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 kosher salt
- 1 cup coarse ground grits
- 4 tbsp vegan margarine or butter
- 4oz Follow Your Heart Smoked Gouda, shredded
- salt and pepper, to taste
- chopped green onion, to serve
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, bring milk, water and salt to a boil.
- Stir in grits and reduce to low, cover, and cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, whisk in butter and cheese. Whisk until cheese has melted
- Season with salt and pepper, top with green onions, and serve!