Stuffed Shells with Spinach and Cheese
Recipe Courtesy of: Spork Foods
- 1 package pasta shells (16 oz)
- 1 tablespoon, plus 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 packages baby spinach (6 oz)
- 1 container extra firm tofu, pressed
- 1/3 cup Follow Your Heart Vegan Gourmet Cream Cheese
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon finely ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- Dash grated nutmeg
- ½ cup, plus ½ cup Follow Your Heart Vegan Parmesan, shredded
- 2 cups vegan marinara sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 375°.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta shells according to directions on package. Drain and toss with tablespoon olive oil. Set aside.
- For filling, heat a sauté pan and add 2 teaspoons oil. Add spinach. Cook 4-6 minutes to wilt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, crumble tofu. Add Follow Your Heart Cream Cheese, salt, pepper, garlic powder, lemon juice, nutmeg and ½ cup Follow Your Heart Parmesan. Fold in cooked spinach to tofu filling.
- To assemble stuffed shells grease a 9 x 12 baking dish and add 1 cup marinara. Place 1 tablespoon filling and in each shell and repeat until all filling is used. Add shells to baking dish once filled. Drizzle with remaining marinara and sprinkle with remaining ½ cup Follow Your Heart Parmesan.
- Bake for 28-30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbles in center of baking dish. Serve warm.