Vegan Brussels Sprout Chinese Chicken Salad
Recipe Courtesy of: Oscar
- 1 8oz package your favorite chick’n strips (we like Tofurky Slow Roasted Chick’n – Lightly Seasoned)
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp safflower oil
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, washed and shredded
- 1/2 head red cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup sliced raw almonds
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
- 2 cups mandarin oranges, peeled and segmented
- Follow Your Heart Organic Miso Ginger Dressing
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 tbsp black seasame seeds (optional)
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine tamari, sesame oil, and rice vinegar. Add chick’n strips and toss well to combine. Allow to marinade for 10-15 minutes at room temperature.
- Heat safflower oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add in chick’n and pour in seasonings. Cook over medium heat until sauce thickens, about 7-10 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine shredded Brussels sprouts, cabbage, carrot, and almonds. Toss to combine. Add mandarins and cooled chick’n. Toss well. Add in 1/2 the chow mein noodles, almonds, and about 2 tbsp of Organic Miso Ginger dressing. Toss to incoroporate well.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Top with remaining chow mein noodles, sesame seeds, and scallions. Drizzle another tbsp Organic Miso Ginger and serve!