Vegan Ginger Snap Cookies
Recipe Courtesy of: Eat.Drink.Shrink.
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 tbsp Follow Your Heart VeganEgg Powder combined w/1/4 cup ice cold almond milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar and more for dusting the cookies
- 4 tbsp melted coconut oil
- Combine flours, baking soda, ground ginger, cinnamon, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Whisk to remove any clumps.
- In another bowl combine the coconut sugar, vanilla extract, vegan egg, molasses, coconut oil, and whisk until combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and whisk until the sugar has dissolved. Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes to firm up.
- In a small bowl place 1/2 cup coconut sugar. Scoop the dough into balls (1tbs for thinner and 2 tbsp for thicker like mine). Roll the balls in the coconut sugar and place on a baking sheet. Lightly press down to flatten them and bake until golden, 13-15 minutes. Rotate halfway through and allow to cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.