Vegan Pumpkin French Toast
Recipe Courtesy of: Spork Foods
- ¼ cup VeganEgg powder, dry
- 1 cup ice-cold almond milk
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin puree
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ cup organic sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons neutral tasting oil (safflower), plus additional oil for coating pan
- 6 thick slices organic whole grain bread
- 1 can vegan whipped cream
- ¼ cup maple syrup, for drizzling
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar, for topping
- In a medium bowl, whisk together VeganEgg powder, ice-cold almond milk, pumpkin, sea salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, cloves, sugar, vanilla extract, and 2 tablespoons oil. Whisk until uniform.
- Pre-heat your griddle or pan to a medium-high heat. Grease griddle with additional oil.
- Coat each slice of bread in batter and then place on hot pan or griddle.
- Cook until slightly golden, about 3-4 minutes. Flip and cook for another 3 minutes or so, or until golden.
- Slice each piece diagonally and dollop each wedge with whipped cream. Drizzle with maple syrup and top with powered sugar