Cheese Stuffed Mushroom Burger
- 4-6 cups grapeseed oil
- 3 gluten-free burger buns
- 1-6 lettuce leaves
- 1-6 tomato slices
- 2-6 pickle slices
- 6 large Portobello mushrooms
- 2 cups Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Finely Shredded Cheddar
- ¾ cup plain hummus
- 2 cups gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 2 cups full fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp Indian black salt
- 2 cups gluten free flour
- ¼ cup steak seasoning
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
Super Special Sauce:
- 1 cup Follow Your Heart Soy-Free Vegenaise
- ⅓ cup minced pickles
- ¼ cup sugar-free ketchup
- ¼ cup mustard
- 1 ½ tbsp onion powder
- 1-2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½-1 tbsp maple syrup
- Heat your grapeseed oil in a large pan and get ready to deep fry.
- In a small bowl combine the Follow Your Heart cheddar cheese and hummus. Mix together well and set aside.
- Remove the stems from the inside of the portobello mushrooms and fill them with the cheese and hummus mixture.
- Close the portobello mushrooms together so that the cheese mixture is encased in the middle and then put the burgers in the freezer while you work on your other ingredients.
- After you are done filling and freezing the burgers, mix together your egg batter in a separate medium bowl.
- In a medium bowl mix together your flour batter. In a separate medium bowl add in your gluten-free breadcrumbs.
- Dunk the chilled mushroom burger into the “egg” batter and cover them well. Then coat them in the flour batter and finally into the breadcrumbs. Make sure every single part of the burger is fully covered.
- Once your frying oil is hot in the pan, one burger at a time, deep fry the battered mushroom burgers on all sides until they are a rich golden brown.
- Once the burgers are fried on all sides, set them on a towel covered plate to remove the extra oil.
- Mix together the ingredients for your special sauce and chop up all of the vegetables that you were going to add to the burger. Toast the burger buns too.
- Build a burger with toasted bun, special sauce on the bun, lettuce, fried mushroom burger, tomatoes, pickle, and finish it with a toothpick or skewer.
- Sing your song. Do your dance. Speak your truth and enjoy the Mushroom Burger!