Smokey Chipotle Mushroom Quesadilla
- 9- 10 shiitake mushrooms or portabella mushrooms
- tortilla shells
- seasoned cooked black beans
- chopped grilled or smoked Anaheim peppers
- Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Shredded Cheddar
- 1 can 7oz chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 tbsp maple
- 1-2 drops of liquid smoke
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp apple cider
- 3 tbsp tamari
- salt to taste
- 1 cup Follow Your Heart Soy-Free Vegenaise
- 1 tsp of smokey Chipotle bouillon or 1 tbsp blended Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 tsp of dried dill
- 2 tbsp plant milk
- Cut stems off mushrooms and clean with a small brush and water. Make sure all dirt and particles are removed.
- Cut mushrooms into thin slices and place in a bowl.
- Mix all ingredients for the Chipotle marinate. Add to mushrooms mix and let marinate for 1 -2 hours.
- Add a little oil to the pan and cook mushrooms for 10 minutes. Flip and mix as they cook.
- Add tortillas to the pan with a layer of Dairy-Free Cheddar Shreds, followed by mushrooms, black beans, and chopped peppers. Add top tortillas and flip once the bottoms start to crisp.
- Mix all the ingredients for Chipotle sauce.
- Enjoy quesadillas with sauce!