Deep Fried Accordion Potatoes
- 3-6 large white potatoes (russet or Yukon)
- 5-8 cups grapeseed oil
- ½-2 tsp flaky sea salt
Gorgeous Goddesses Sauce:
- 1 ½ cup Follow Your Heart Soy-Free Veganaise
- ½ – 1 cup fresh jalapeño
- 2 cups fresh cilantro
- ½ cup fresh mint
- ½ cup fresh basil
- 1 cup fresh green onion
- 2 ½ tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 tsp salt
- Heat your grapeseed oil and prepare to deep fry the potatoes.
- Skin the large potatoes and soak them in ice cold water while you cut the accordion shapes.
- Chop off the ends of the potato and then cut the middle of the potato into a rectangle the thickness of toast.
- Using two skewers or chopsticks support the top and bottom edges of the rectangular potatoes so that the knife does not cut the potato all the way through.
- Flip the potato and cut it vertically with the skewers or chopsticks to make the accordion shape.
- Optional – stick a skewer through the potato and gently stretch out the potato accordion from top to bottom.
- Deep Fry the potatoes on both sides, flipping continuously, until each and every edge is golden brown.
- While the potatoes are frying, in a blender combine all of the ingredients for the Gorgeous Goddess Sauce until everything is smooth and well combined. Add more salt if needed.
- Once the potatoes are fried and golden brown lay them on a clean towel to remove any excess oil. Garnish with flaky sea salt.
- Serve the Accordion Potatoes with a side of Gorgeous Goddess Sauce.
- Sing your song. Do your dance. Speak your truth and enjoy the tasters!