Grilled Tuna Stuffed Avocados
Grilled Tuna Stuffed Avocados:
- 4-6 avocado halves
- ⅓ cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Feta Crumbles
- ¼ cup minced cilantro or green onions
- ⅓ cup Follow Your Heart Soy-Free Vegenaise + hot sauce of choice
- 4-6 lime slices
Fiesta Tuna Filling:
- 1 cup smashed chickpeas
- 1 cup chopped hearts of palm
- 2-3 tbsp sesame oil
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ⅓ cup diced grilled poblano pepper
- ¼ cup diced grilled tomatoes or red peppers
- ⅓ cup chopped cilantro
- ⅓ tsp cumin
Seafood Mayo Mixture:
- 1 cup Soy-Free Vegenaise
- 2 tbsp old bay seasoning
- 2 tbsp Japanese multi-purpose seasoning or seaweed flakes
- 1.5 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp minced fresh dill
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Grill the avocado halves (remove the pits and scoop out a bit of Avocado meat around the pit) and grill the peppers until they have a nice char on all sides of them. Dice the peppers once grilled to your liking.
- In a large bowl, smash the chickpeas and add in all of the ingredients for the Fiesta Tuna Fillings. Mix together well.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients for the Seafood Mayo Mixture. Once that is mixed together add it to the Fiesta Tuna Fillings and coat everything well.
- Fill the grilled Avocado halves with the Mixture and top them with the hot sauce + Vegenaise mixture, Feta Crumbles, fresh herbs on top and lime wedges on the side.
- Sing your song. Do your dance. Speak your truth and enjoy the fierce feast!